Wood poles are produced only from highly renewable Southern Pine plantations. Far more trees are planted each year than are harvested.
- Pine uses very little energy to grow.
- Our forests provide shelter for wildlife and recreational opportunities for us all.
- There is very little waste as the bark, trims, and chips are all used.
- Pine captures and holds carbon as it is releasing oxygen into the atmosphere.
- Unlike steel poles, wood requires very little energy to produce into a finished product.
- Most wood poles can be recycled into other products or energy.